3 tbsp. Butter
6 green onions, trimmed and sliced
1 1/2 lb. russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
1 tsp. Sea salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1. Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a non stick pan over medium heat, when hot add green onions, leaving a bit out for garnish, and cook until wilted, stirring frequently. Remove and place in large bowl.
2. Squeeze grated potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture and then add to bowl with onions, add salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Reheat pan on medium, adding more butter to coat the entire bottom of pan, when hot add potato mixture and form into a disc shape, flattening with a spatula. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Uncover and cook for an additional 4 minutes before flipping ( I used a plate to flip it onto and slide it back into the pan). Add more butter if needed before returning potatoes to the pan.
5. Cook covered for 5 minutes before uncovering and cooking for an additional 5 minutes, garnish with onions and serve.