1. Mix all the ingredients for the shawarma seasoning and store in an airtight container
2. Add the seasoning, salt, chili flake, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to a bowl. Whisk well and toss in the chicken. Make sure the chicken is completely coated in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 425F. Add sliced onion to the bowl with the chicken and combine. Place chicken and onion in a 9x13 baking dish. Do not add the excess marinade.
4. Bake for 18-23 minutes and check chicken to see if it is done. If you have a thermometer, they should reach an internal temperature of 165F. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl for the garlic sauce. Plate chicken, top with garlic sauce and serve with sliced tomato and cucumber.
1. Thaw the phyllo package according to package direction.
2. Combine all of the simple syrup ingredients in a sauce pan over medium high heat, lightly stirring. When it boils, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
3. For the filling, chop the nuts and mix with cinnamon, add the honey and mix well.
4. Melt butter in a sauce pan, being careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and add the olive oil.
5. Brush a baking sheet lightly with the butter
6. Start layering the phyllo sheets brushing each couple of layers and do so until you are done with 10 phyllo sheets. Spread about 1/4 of the nuts mixture then layer another 5 sheets brushing in between. Continue this pattern until you are left with the last 10 sheets of the phyllo for the final layer.
7. Preheat the oven to 350F.
8. Cut the phyllo sheets in diamonds and bake for 50 minutes or until it is puffy and golden brown.
9. Pour the cooled syrup over the baklava, you’ll hear it sizzle and smell the goodness. Let it cool completely then serve.